|Monday - Friday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Please feel free to contact us with a procedure of interest.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We are happy to help. Call us on(954) 779-2777
Breast Reconstruction in Fort Lauderdale
For many women in need of breast reconstruction, Dr. Potparic in Fort Lauderdale, is their go-to surgeon. Today, there are a variety of options available for restoring breasts to an almost normal shape, size, and appearance.
To reconstruct your missing breast, one option includes using a flap of skin taken from your abdomen, back, buttocks, or other area, called an autologous flap. Another option includes using a breast implant, which is an elastic silicone sac filled with sterile saline solution or silicone gel. Sometimes autologous flaps and implants are used together.
Dr. Zoran Potparic
Dr. Zoran Potparic is a world renowned, board certified plastic surgeon serving the Fort Lauderdale and Miami area. He is known for achieving natural looking results for his plastic and cosmetic surgery patients.
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
RECONSTRUCTION AFTER CANCER
Women who have lost one or both breasts to cancer may want to have their breasts reconstructed. This may be done at the same time as the breast is removed via mastectomy (immediate reconstruction) or at a later time (delayed reconstruction).
- Price estimate for breast reconstruction: $3,000 – $4,500+
- Type of anesthesia: general
- Duration of surgery: 3 to 8 hours
- Surgical facility: AAAA-certified Ambulatory Surgical Center, outpatient surgery center, hospital
- Recovery time: 2 to 4 weeks
- Discomfort: moderate
BREAST ASYMMETRY SURGERY
All breasts are naturally asymmetrical. From subtle to major, asymmetries require clothing accommodations so that they are not so noticeable. These asymmetries include discrepancies in the size and shape of the breasts, a nipple-areola complex, asymmetries of the chest wall, and associated musculoskeletal anatomy. If left untreated, such imbalances can create emotional and psychological trauma.
Breast asymmetries are usually classified as follows:
- Primary asymmetries of breasts are the result of incomplete development of breast components. They vary from a complete absence of breast or areola to supernumerary nipples and accessory breasts. This group of breast asymmetries also includes chest wall deformities as a result of spinal curvature or a malformed rib cage.
- Secondary asymmetry is the most common occurrence of breast asymmetry. It usually develops in puberty without any prior signs of asymmetry. Such asymmetries arise from a growth deficiency or the excess development of breasts. They are usually one-sided. Specific areas of the breast may exhibit asymmetry, particularly the lower pole of the breast and breast base. Nipple size, shape, and location can also exhibit asymmetrical patterns.
- Tertiary asymmetries represent a variety of acquired breast deformities as a result of trauma, surgery, infection, or breast tumor. Pregnancy and breast irregularities following cosmetic breast surgery may also be a cause of breast asymmetry. Deflation of a breast implant will also cause significant breast asymmetry.
Before any corrective or breast reconstruction surgery is performed, asymmetries must be recognized in a careful preoperative evaluation and the patient should be extensively counseled.
BEFORE YOU REBUILD
The type of breast reconstruction you choose in Fort Lauderdale will depend on your body type, lifestyle factors, health, procedure risks and benefits, and personal preferences. Dr. Potparic will help you decide which procedure is best for you. For more information, or to set up a free consultation, call (954) 779-2777 or contact us online.