|Monday - Friday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Please feel free to contact us with a procedure of interest.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We are happy to help. Call us on(954) 779-2777
Non-Surgical Treatments for Turkey Neck? – Neck Lift Without Surgery
Can you get a neck lift without surgery? Turkey neck is more common than most realize, and it’s completely normal to want to reduce the sagging under your neck and to boost your appearance. In fact, facial plastic surgery is one of the fastest growing plastic surgery procedures in the U.S. .
And with good reason. Women who undergo facelifts are perceived as more attractive and more successful according to a study at John Hopkins University . But the question is, can you get a neck lift without surgery?
There are alternatives to neck lift surgery and different levels of surgery for those who are apprehensive. But first…
What is Turkey Neck?
Turkey neck is as terrible as it sounds. The term describes the sagging skin between the chin and neck, a common sign of aging. Though it can be managed and prevented for a period, it is inevitable for most. However, we firmly believe that turkey should only be on the table at Thanksgiving.
What Causes Turkey Neck?
- As we get older, our skin loses some of its elasticity and sheen. That’s when gravity takes over and the rest is, as they say, history.
- Your muscles are not as strong as they were and the lack of support causes turkey neck.
- Exposure to the sun and ultraviolet rays causes the connective tissue to break down.
- Your DNA – some people are more prone to turkey neck based on their genes alone, some of us also have jaw shapes that are more prone to cause turkey neck in later years.
Non-Surgical Treatments for Turkey Neck
Preventative care is always the best alternative to plastic surgery. Though there is no guaranteed way to get the results of a neck lift without surgery, you can prevent the issue in the first place.
Once the sagging begins it becomes increasingly difficult to reverse it, you can prevent further sagging by understanding the causes of turkey neck mentioned above. The number one way to prevent turkey neck is to use sunscreen on your neck daily. Remember this when you moisturize your face every morning!
There are 3 exercises for turkey neck that can work wonders.
- Cervical Flexion and Extension Exercise – Touching your chin to your chest and then pushing it back.
- Cervical Lateral Flexion Exercise – Standing straight, bend your neck from side to side, trying to get your ears to touch your shoulders.
- Cervical Rotation Exercise – Standing straight, keep your neck aligned with your spine and swivel your head side to side, looking at what’s directly next to you.
Each of these can be done in the comfort of your home or at the office. Start off with just a few repetitions a day. If you feel pain, then stop the exercise and consult a doctor or physical therapist.
Considering a Neck Lift?
Some people get nervous about the idea of surgery, especially cosmetic surgery to the face, neck lifts included. First time patients are often the most apprehensive and most believe that non-surgical treatments for cosmetic issues are safer, or more holistic than surgery. This is understandable but misguided.
The truth is that plastic surgery has come a long way, and plastic surgeons in Fort Lauderdale are among the most experienced, providing surgery that is next to impossible to detected. The natural look is always the goal and it is more achievable than ever before.
Consider a mini face lift as another alternative to neck lift surgery. Discuss your options with a doctor!
: American Society of Plastic Surgeons – New Statistics Reflect the Changing Face of Plastic Surgery
: John Hopkins – Association of Face-lift Surgery With Social Perception, Age, Attractiveness, Health, and Success
Dr. Zoran Potparic is a board certified plastic surgeon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, committed to performing surgery of the highest quality, safety, and artistry. He applies his years of global study and research, as well as more than 30 years of hands-on experience performing reconstructive and cosmetic surgery for patients coming from all over the United States.